I have come across this question many times from my friends, office colleagues, relatives and also from people who have contacted me through various social media sites and online communities. They ask me how to choose a laptop that perfectly suits their needs. And I always start the conversation with the question – what is the purpose of this purchase? What do you hope to do? Based on the responses I’ve received so far, I’d like to break down the intent of purchasing a laptop into four broad categories, and given that a laptop is inherently more personal than its desktop counterpart, you’ll meet several You can’t expect everyone to be in your home or workplace. After all, a laptop is primarily designed for personal use – just like your mobile phone. However, since you are very interested in buying a new clevo pa71 laptop, please read some guidelines that helped my friends make their decision.
Based on the needs of the end users, we can classify the requirements into four different categories:
1) For high school/college students
2) For official use – mostly for official correspondence, show business with low
3) Mostly for internet access for online communication, chat, email etc.
4) Heavy operations. A high-performance laptop, including multimedia application processing, gaming, graphic design, etc., is expected to serve as an alternative to a desktop computer in the truest sense of the word.
Regardless of your niche needs, you need to know some basic concepts that form the backbone of any laptop, and you’ll also learn how they affect your choice. More details here:
1) Processors: Modern Acer Predator Helios 500 17 AMD laptops support a wide range of processors including Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Celeron M, AMD Turion X2, etc. The fact is that the price of a laptop largely depends on the processor it supports. Intel Core 2 Duo series processors such as the T7200/7300/T7400/T7500 are highly recommended for using laptops as desktop replacements, for running high-end multimedia applications, or for enjoyable gaming experiences; Because laptops with Intel Celeron processors are moderately priced and suitable for running office applications. Laptops with AMD processors are reasonably priced and optimized for good processing speed. And considering the price advantage without compromising on efficiency, these are my recommendations for school/university kids and these models are also suitable for internet access. In short, if you think you need a laptop with massive processing power, just invest in a few expensive processors. Otherwise, there is no profit from such investments.
2. Installed memory: Apart from the processor, the other main factor that defines the price and efficiency of a laptop is the installed memory. Most modern laptops support DDR2 memory, and while 1GB is enough to handle office documents or run applications that school/college students demand, it’s also great for surfing the web, but Windows Vista requires at least 2GB. memory. So it’s pretty common to have a laptop with 3-4GB of memory, but there’s no point in investing that much unless you have a reason to. In addition, you can upgrade your laptop memory anytime later with almost no effort.
3. Hard Drive Space: Space is no longer an issue unless you plan to keep your entire music/movie collection on your expensive laptop hard drive. Laptops from 80GB to 160GB are a one-size-fits-all solution. However, for school/college students, you may want to consider putting the storage on the higher side to have enough space for huge music/movie files.
4. Screen Size: This is a parameter that needs to be carefully considered in order to use a laptop as a replacement for its desktop counterpart. A 17- to 19-inch screen is better, while a 14- to 16-inch screen size will keep the laptop portable without compromising its usability; But laptops with a screen size of 13.3 inches or less are often referred to as ultra-portable models, and you can clearly see the light moving up and down freely when carrying the set. A laptop with a screen size of 10 inches or less, called a netbook, also offers more flexibility in terms of portability, but may not be the best option if you want to use it for display purposes.